Monday 26 September 2011

Saul Food

Stiaan and I both had a terrible last quarter! We needed a break, so when I heard that I had to go do some work in Knysna we wasted no time in organizing a mini break! I had to work in Johannesburg on Monday to Wednesday. I would then fly from JHB to George on Wednesday afternoon and Stiaan would drive from Cape Town to George to meet me at the airport. On Sunday he would then fly back to CPT and I would stay the week, finish my work in Knysna and then drive back down to CPT on Friday! SORTED!

Knysna is a Koi-word meaning fern and is smack in the centre of the Garden Route. It is surrounded by lush forests, clear lakes and beautiful beaches. A hiking paradise! Knysna has been voted South Africa 's favorite holiday town.
 
I was in charge of accommodation and had the perfect spot already picked out. Teniqua Treetops just outside Sedgefield.

In the 3 days leading up to our 'holiday' I could hardly contain my excitement! When Tuesday rolled by and there was only one sleep left I was counting the hours, like a child waiting for Christmas. At long last the plane touched down in George. (only one hour late)! S was there waiting for me. We made a quick stop at the Pick and Pay only to find that we had a flat tyre! Another quick stop at the garage to inflate the wheel and off we went. We had no problem finding Teniqua, had a quick and friendly check in and got shown to our treehouse. Home for the next 4 nights! Teniqua Treetops is a unique, tented tree house resort, offering eco accommodation, occupying a position high on the foothills of the ancient Outeniqua mountain range.
http://www.teniquatreetops.co.za/

Our treehouse was named Gorge View.

We quickly fired up the Weber and settled in with a glass of red! It was to dark to see exactly where we were, the view would have to wait for moring.


Settling in on the bench with fresh forest smells and night-time noises bombarding my senses, I could finally relax. This truely is heaven.

Our dinner was cooked to perfection. (Thank you S you are the best!). With our tummies full we scrubbed ourselves free of the city-grime and got into bed...Zzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment